Thursday, February 16, 2006

What is Missionary Heart blog about?

I don't like to set sail without a destination! So, for everyone coming along for the ride, this blog has a 4-fold destination.

1) To bring God glory!
2) To stir up fervent and specific prayer for unreached people, the persecuted church, and missionaries all over the world. We pray best when we can pray specifically.
3) To share gleanings of mission resources from agencies, organizations, churches, books, websites, missionaries, etc… that allow each of us to more clearly and more boldly follow God’s plan for us in living out a missionary heart.
4) To stir each of us out of our comfort zone. When we are regularly reminded of God’s majesty, His compassion for the lost, and His worth-ship, we gain faith to swallow our fears, petty selfishness, and small ambitions.

I need to be reminded continually of all of these things myself. I've found that especially in a world that is so hectic and me-focused, we need regular reminders to look upward and outward.

Next time, I’d like to mention more specifically the types of resources that I hope to be putting up. Thanks for waiting as this blog gets going.