Monday, December 31, 2007

In the Gathering Dusk - 2007

I read an excellent post Mr. Doug Phillips this week- Three of the Most Important Things you can do at This Time of the Year. He comments on 1) Chronicling the Providences of God 2)Saying Thank You to those who Investing in your life, and 3) Extending Forgiveness. It is well worth 5-7 minutes to read his post.

Prompted by his article, I took a few hours yesterday afternoon to chronicle on paper the major events of my 2007: the experiences, new friendships, travels, books, lessons, failures, and joys of the year. With chilling weather outside, and a warm cup of tea at hand, the memories flooded back, new resolves were put down, and praise offered. He is faithful.

If you are reading this blog, look for improvements coming. In 2008 I have plans of expanding my posts with greater variety, outside guests, and certainly improved consistency in posting. Things are starting out with a bang; the first few months of the year I'm looking forward to a ministry trip to Peru with Global Encounters.

Also, I'm excited about attending a Perspectives partner course called Encountering Islam in February and March. Is there a course near you? I'd love to discuss the course topics with other people. For the past few years, I've wanted to learn more about Islam, but done relatively little to actually pursue that. This year I'm resolved to break from my comfort zone and learn in depth about this religion that has millions upon millions of people in spiritual bondage. I'm delighted that the same church that hosted Perspectives spring 2007 is hosting Encountering Islam this year.

As the last minutes of 2007 settle resolutely to the end, may they find you and I waiting for, longing for, and hastening the Return of the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords.

Even so, come Lord Jesus, Come.