Thursday, March 09, 2006

Global Vision

"We must be global Christians with a global vision because our God is a global God."
-- John Stott

What does it take to have global vision? Practically, how do we become global Christians? This idea should be more than just a phrase tossed around in Christian circles. It is worthless unless it becomes imbued in the fabric of our lives.

I desperately want to have global vision for God's glory. I know I'm completely powerless to do it on my own-it comes from the Holy Spirit indwelling and directing me further into the heart of God. The closer I am to His heart, the greater my fervancy to shake off my limited vision and pursue His glory. I can't conjur up a missionary heart in my own strength. Without global vision being Spirit driven, it is hollow and becomes like those clanging cymbols talked about in I Cor 13.

That's the drive behind this blog...finding ways, little and big, to set our sails to recieve that Holy Spirit world vision and live as global Christians.

What way can I become a global Christian today?