Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Part of the Body

INCREDIBLE! That's my one word summary. There is so much in my heart to share from the Voice of the Martyrs mission conference this past weekend. I know it is going to take time for everything to peculate through my heart and mind, but I wanted to post something as soon as possible. I keep praying that the testimonies I heard won't merely impress me, but that they would change and compel me to go beyond where I am now in my own walk with the LORD. And I'm convinced that faithful is He who begun the good work, Who will also complete it. I only have a minute more to blog this evening so let me share the Friday evening opening illustration that I loved, and then save the rest for other posts this week.

Hold out your hand in front of you and slap it hard with your other hand. Go ahead.
Did you feel any pain? Hopefully so. If not, something might be wrong. Either 1) you slapped somebody else's hand or 2) you have leprosy and the characteristic loss of feeling in your limbs.

Analogy: When the body of Christ suffers, do I feel their pain? Are am weeping with them? Am I rejoicing with them? If I'm the fingers, do only care about the hand or the arm (which is in close proximity) or all the parts of the body, which function together.

But if I'm not feeling that pain...wow...
Am I even part of the Body?
Or am I suffering from spiritual leprosy and deadened senses?

Lots to think about.
I'll post a whole lot more tomorrow. God be with you.