Sunday, January 25, 2009

Moving Update



I’m getting settled into my new, frosty home sweet home in Minneapolis. These past two weeks since arriving have flown past on gilded wings. This past week I have been doing orientation in my new job, unpacking, trying to set up a new bank account, making new friends, shopping for basics, scraping off the ice on my car, and trying to figure out my way around the city (how happy I am for the GPS given me!).And now this coming week in missions conference in the evenings to look forward to after work.

People ask me a dozen times a day how I am adapting to the cold. Honestly, I am enjoying it. I love looking out over the snow blanketed landscape every morning. Sure it has been freezing, last week being the coldest on record in Minneapolis in 5 years. I’ve prayed that God would help me embrace this new place, cold and all. He has been, and giving me joy in the new discoveries all along the way.

There are some amazing, humble, Spirit-led men and women, pastor’s and their families on the front lines of sharing the Gospel. I am truly humbled to be in this new place, with this new job, serving them in Home Missions.